How to install XAMPP on Window 10
XAMPP is a stack of web development software modules containing MySQL, Tomcat, Apache, FileZilla, Mercury, PHP and Perl.
Windows 10 has an issue with running Xampp module Apache on port 80 because Windows IIS is using the port, So before proceeding to install XAMPP, make sure to stop the ‘World Wide Publishing Service’ in Windows services as shown below. Let’s begin the installation
1. Download XAMPP
2. Double click the downloaded file.
3. The Installer wizard will open now. Click Next to start the installation.
6. Click Next
7. The installation is in progress
8. Click Finish.
9. It opens XAMPP control panel. Start MySQL, PHP, Apache, Tomcat and Filezilla. It also shows the Process ID (PID), PORT of each service.
10. The XAMPP control panel is located in the installation directory. To run manually, go to the installation folder and double click the file xampp-control.bat file.
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂