381 total views, 1 views today
How to reset the forgot WebLogic password
Today, I have accidently deleted all the users in the Security realm in WebLogic console and stopped the admin server. After that WebLogic is not start up, and It keeps on saying the following error message while starting the server. To resolve this error, I recreated the WebLogic user again which I’ve explained below.Also, you could apply the same solution if you forgot WebLogic password.
Caused By: javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: [Security:090938]Authentication failure: The specified user failed to log in. javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: [Security:090302]Authentication Failed: User specified user denied
Reset WebLogic admin password:
1. Stop all WebLogic admin and manages servers
2. Back up your domain server ‘data’ directory of both Admin and Managed servers (example: $MW_HOME\user_projects\domains\<DOMAIN_NAME>\servers\Adminserver\data)
3. Open command prompt and go to domain bin directory ($MW_HOME\user_projects\domains\<DOMAIN_NAME>\bin)
4. Run setDomainEnv.cmd
5. Go to domain security folder ($MW_HOME\user_projects\domains\<DOMAIN_NAME>\security)
6. Run the following command. Don’t forget the period at the end of the command. Replace <weblogic> with your username and <weblogic123> with your password.
java weblogic.security.utils.AdminAccount weblogic weblogic123 .
7. Delete the data folder in both admin and managed server (example: $MW_HOME\user_projects\domains\<DOMAIN_NAME>\servers\Adminserver\data)
8. Update the boot.properties with your username & password like below only if you changed the credential ( example: $MW_HOME\user_projects\domains\<DOMAIN_NAME>\servers\Adminserver\security\boot.properties )
9. Start the WebLogic again
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- How to encode and decode base64Binary datatype in Oracle BPEL - December 11, 2017
- How to Read a File using Oracle BPEL File Adapter Example - December 11, 2017
- How to write a File using Oracle BPEL File Adapter Example - December 10, 2017