4 total views, 2 views today
How to create a WebLogic Data Source
In this section, we walk through how to create a Generic WebLogic data source in WebLogic Server with some examples.
- The generic Data source provides database access and connection management to the client code, Java or web app.
- WebLogic creates a connection pool when the server startup and close the pool when the server shutdown
- Using the WebLogic data source, you can skip referring the database connection details in the code by lookup the JNDI name
Create a Generic Data Source in WebLogic
1. Login into WebLogic Console. The default URL is http://<HOSTNAME>:<PORT>/console
2. Click Data Sources under services, Click New and select Generic Data Source
3. Input a Name, Scope as Global, JNDI Name for your code to lookup, and Database Type (Oracle, My SQL, etc.,)
4. Accept the default and click Next
5. Click Next
6. Input your database connection string
7. Click on the Test Connection button to test the database connection. Click Next
8. Select the servers where you want the data source is available. This step is important; The JNDI is only available on the servers that you are selecting here. Click Finish
9. The created data source will be listed in the Data Sources
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- JSF Login Logout Form Authentication Example - October 16, 2017
- How to Bookmark URL in JSF using GET method and ViewParam – example - October 14, 2017
- JSF Dynamic Navigation and how to use wildcard in navigation - October 12, 2017