and The Ruins I had like to visit Cancun. My dream comes true on Dec 2015.Yes, I visited
Cancun and nearby places 🙂
Below I summarized the cost incurred to me and places I have visited so It may useful for others plans
to visit Cancun.
I’ve booked Airfare, Hotel and Tour packages separately .
I and My Wife were traveled in this trip. Total 2 people..
I booked the air ticket 2 months advance, that was Oct 2015 in Delta Airways. The December is the peak
time to tour Cancun and the prices were bit expensive. I flew from Atlanta to Cancun and it was a round
trip. 23rd Dec was my departure date and 29 Dec was my arrival date.
The total cost incurred for two people for the round trip was 930$ in Delta airways.
I booked for 7 days (23-29 Dec 2015) in Fiesta Inn Las Americas and it is located in Cancun,Down
Town. The total cost incurred was $1022. I booked in booking.com
24th Full Day >> chichen itza ($139 for two person)
25th Full Day >> Xcaret ($317 for two person)
27th Full Day => Xel ha ($257 for two person)
28th Full Day => Reo Secreto ($246 for two person)
Total Expense for this was $1272
The total cost incurred for the whole trip was
Airfare >> $930
Hotel >> $1022
Tour Package >> $1271
1. Book all inclusive hotels.i.e., food included (Mine even breakfast was not included 🙁 )
2. Book Hotel near by Beach (I booked in downtown 🙁 )
3. Take medicines for cold, fever, headache if you plan to swim and roam much.
4. Call the tourist company one day advance for the pick up location and time. This is important and most of the tour company speak English.
5. Always note the driver car plate number / driver phone umber you are travelling. It is useful in case if you miss anything in the car (I lost my iphone 🙁 )
6. Use google translator to translate Spanish to English in case u need.
7. All pharmacy are helpful, they suggest medicines.
8. Bargain much for taxi, souvenirs. I purchased a jaguar doll bargained from 600 pesos to 200 pesos.
9. Mexican Visa is not required if you have US visa stamped in passport/US Citizen
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂