308 total views, 4 views today
Primavera P6 Error: Primavera P6 Error: Connection attempt to database failed with message Cannot find OCI DLL
The following error appears when connecting to Primavera P6 Professional on Oracle database. The reason is P6 DB connection wizard failed to find the below file.
Bad public user name or password. PRM DBAccess Error: Connection attempt to database failed with message Cannot find OCI DLL
The Oracle DB client ships with the all of the required files needed for P6 Professional to connect with Oracle database. OCI.dll is one file among them and present under the ORACLE_CLIENT\bin directory similar to below
- If you are installed the Primavera P6 Professional less than Version 8 then install the Oracle Database 32 bit client ( Oracle 184.108.40.206 OR Oracle 220.127.116.11 ) because those P6 professionals are only 32-bit versions
- The later versions of P6 Professional support both 32 and 64-bit version. You selected either 32/64 bit during the installation similar to below image. So If you installed 32 bit Professional then install 32 bit Oracle client, if you installed 64-bit P6 professional then install 64 bit Oracle client and try again.
1. Make sure the oci.dll is present in your SYSTEM path
2. Make sure you have read access to the OCI.dll file
3.Read the Tested config of the P6 professional to install the correct version of Oracle DB client. As of P6 17.7, the Oracle DB version, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 are supported.
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- How to encode and decode base64Binary datatype in Oracle BPEL - December 11, 2017
- How to Read a File using Oracle BPEL File Adapter Example - December 11, 2017
- How to write a File using Oracle BPEL File Adapter Example - December 10, 2017