Primavera P6 Error: Login failed due to invalid database instance
One user received the following P6 error while logging into P6 web & contacted me via email. After initial troubleshooting, we fixed this issue. I requested him for screenshots of P6 so I could share it on the blog, He prepared the document with complete screenshots and share it with me. Appreciate his help.
Error Message: Login failed due to invalid database instance.
1. Go to P6_HOME\p6 & Double click on the adminpv.cmd file
2. Input your privuser and its password
3. Drill down to the “Primavera P6 Configuration” used by P6 web >> Database Instance >> triple Click on the Password field >> update the correct privuser password >> Click Save Changes in the bottom
4. Right click on Instance  >> Click Test connection
5. Make sure the connection is Successful. Click Ok and Save Changes
That’s it. Log in to P6 web again. 🙂
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- Is it possible to logout Primavera P6 through SQL Query? - February 16, 2018
- How to Create Primavera P6 EPPM Database schemas in Microsoft SQL Server - February 15, 2018
- Configure Windows Firewall for Microsoft SQL Server 2017 – Part 4 - February 14, 2018