Primavera P6 Check In Check Out
Primavera P6 Check In Check Out feature is similar to share point check out feature where user checks out a project into an XER file, modify it and Check it in back to the project. Here below are some examples where it could be used
1. You are working in two location, Onsite, and Plant where the network is not available. In that case, check out the project, import the XER file into your local P6 client, work Offline and import it back
2. Check out and Send the XER file to a person outside of your organization to work on the project, and check in when he send the file back
3. Check Out and send the XER file to a scheduler and check-in back
Note: Once the project is Checked Out, it will be in Read-only mode until it checks in back to the project.
In this post, We walk through on how to
- Check Out a Project in P6
- Check In a Project in P6
Check Out a Project
1. Open P6 Professional, Right-click on a project and select Open Project
2. Click File >> Select Check Out
3. Click Next
4. Input a file name and path, Click Finish & Close. The XER file is saved into the location that specified here.
Here, you can take the XER file to work offline or send it to someone to work.
5. Once the project is checked out. A tick mark appears on the project, the Checked Out Status, Checked Out By and Date Checked Out will appear on the general tab. Now this project is in Read-Only Mode.
Check Out Status = Checked Out / Checked In
Checked Out By = the person who checked out the project
Date Checked Out = The date when the project is checked out
Check In the Project
1. Click File, Select Check In
2. Select the XER file
3. Select the Import Action and select the project you import into
Replace Existing Project = Delete the existing project and replace it with the imported XER file.
Update Existing Project = Update the existing project with the imported XER file
Ignore this Project = Ignore the selected project (When you are importing multiple projects)
4. Click on the Modify button to modify import configuration if you want. Click Next, Finish and Close. The XER file now check-in back to the project successfully.
Do not Import = The record is not imported.
Insert New = The record being imported as a new record.
Keep Existing = When updating the existing project, The record is not imported. When adding into the existing project, The record being imported as a new record
Update Existing = When updating the existing project, any data associated with the record id is updated.When adding into the existing project, the record and its associated data are added to the database
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind (see all)
- Primavera Error: The database is not setup to use the authentication mode selected: WebSSO:LDAP - June 22, 2017
- Primavera P6 professional Login alert box:The database has not been configured to run background jobs. To correct this error contact your system administrator - June 22, 2017
- How to integrate Oracle BI Publisher and LDAP in WebLogic server - June 21, 2017