Primavera P6 calculating Finish Date at 8 AM if it has FF relationship with Negative Lag
In my projects, the finish date of an activity ends at 8 AM instead of 5 PM. This occurs to activities where LAG has negative days. Here below I have created an example project with the same scenario. As you see in the below image, the finish date of third activity ends at 8 AM even it has a full Planned Duration in it.
The following project has three activities;
- The Activity ‘1’ successor is ‘2’ and ‘2’ successor is ‘3’
- The Activity ‘2’ is a Finish Milestone, ‘1’ and ‘3’ are Task Dependent Activities
- Lag of -1 day is assigned to predecessor of ‘3’ rd activity
- Standard 5 Day calendars assigned to all activities; There is no exception in the calendar;
Finish Date ends in AM If I Scheduled the project on 24-Jun-17
Adding negative day lag will remove the corresponding working hours per day from the date and shows Finish Date in 8AM.
Download P6 Project XML file :
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- Is it possible to logout Primavera P6 through SQL Query? - February 16, 2018
- How to Create Primavera P6 EPPM Database schemas in Microsoft SQL Server - February 15, 2018
- Configure Windows Firewall for Microsoft SQL Server 2017 – Part 4 - February 14, 2018