Primavera P6 17.1.7 Released. What’s new in the release? Complete HTML5 support
Today, Oracle released their new P6 version, 17.1.7. As I heard, Oracle release one P6 version per month in their cloud. For example 17.1.1 on Jan, 17.1.2 on Feb, … 17.1.7 on July (this month). They release two versions per year in edelivery.oracle.com; End of June/July & End of December.
17.1.7 is a major release for Oracle. In this release, User has the option to completely disable Applets (Java) in P6 web. Oracle gave entire P6 page in HTML5 and some page they redesigned well so we can open P6 Web in any browser. Here below I captured some of the pages:
Activity Tab: As you see below, all tabs are supported in this release. Also, we can export the view into PDF (Arrow Mark)
Administration: Oracle added Application, Enterprise Data, Global Schedule services, User Administration and User Interface view under one tab Administration, so no much navigation. We can completely disable the applets in Application settings.
Approvals: Timesheet and Status Updates
Check Out project in SQLite in P6 Professional
One of the important features I like in this release is we can Check out a project in SQLite in the P6 professional for Offline use.
Instead of checking out the project and save it to the local computer, we can save it in SQLite database and work Offline. No separate installation is required. ( Except.Net 4.6.2 version. ) . Watch the three steps to for how this feature works.
- Open the project Check out the project in P6 Professional in SQLite
- Close P6 Professional, Login as SQLLite & work Offline
- Close Professional, Log in as P6 as normal Database and Check In the project back
You can find more information in What’s new in Oracle documentation
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- Is it possible to logout Primavera P6 through SQL Query? - February 16, 2018
- How to Create Primavera P6 EPPM Database schemas in Microsoft SQL Server - February 15, 2018
- Configure Windows Firewall for Microsoft SQL Server 2017 – Part 4 - February 14, 2018