6 total views, 1 views today
Primavera P6 EPPM Installation on Oracle database
Let’s begin to start the installation process of Primavera P6 EPPM suite 15.2.
EPPM suite ships with the following modules, we can choose the modules we want in the installation wizard. This document covers the installation of all the modules.
- P6 Web >> Access primavera P6 application from browser
- P6 Web Service >> provides p6 business objects in the form of web services (WSDL files)
- P6 Integration API >> Java RMI technology to access to P6 business objects
- P6 Team Member >> Timesheet and collaboration module of P6
- P6 Cloud connect >> Add on module of P6 Professional
- P6 Document
- P6 Web Help
- P6 Team Member Help
|We are going to install the following P6 EPPM version
P6 Version: 15.2
P6 installation requires some pre-requisite steps to be configured in the system. Here below is the sequence of the Installation:
- JDK 1.8.0_60 Installation
- WebLogic 18.104.22.168.0 Installation
- Oracle XE Database installation
- Download WSDL4j-1.6.2
- Download P6 EPPM Suite
- Grant privilege to Oracle System user
- Installing P6 EPPM
Let’s begin the installation by one by one.
- 1) JDK 1.8._60 Installation
Click here for the download and installation instruction of Java 1.8_60
2) WebLogic 22.214.171.124.0 Installation
Click here for the download and installation instruction of Oracle WebLogic server, download version 12.1.3.
3) Oracle XE Database installation
Click here for the download and installation instruction of Oracle XE database.
4) WSDL4J-1.6.2 download
- 5) P6 EPPM 15.2 download instruction
Click here for the download instruction for P6 EPPM suite
- 6) Grant Privilege to Oracle system user
6.1) Unzip the P6 EPPM 15.2 software file in a folder
6.2) Go into the following directory path V77744-01\P6_152\p6suite\database\scripts\install\PM_15_02_00 and execute manual_script_before_install.sql on your Oracle sys user account.
6.3) Below are the steps to execute this script in command prompt.
i) cd V77744-01\P6_152\p6suite\database\scripts\install\PM_15_02_00
ii) sqlplus sys as sysdba
7. P6 EPPM Installation
Before proceeding to the installation, please ensure the following checklist are completed.
1. Java 1.6_80 is installed on the machine
2. WebLogic 12.1.3 is installed on the machine.
3. WSDL4J_1.6.2 jar file is downloaded
4. P6 EPPM suite is downloaded
5. manual_script_before_install.sql is executed from your Oracle sys user account
6. WebLogic Node Manager is up and running
Go into the unzipped P6 software file location (V77744-01\P6_152\Disk1\install) and double click the setup.exe
The Oracle Universal installation wizard appears on the screen. Click Next to continue
Specify the path for the P6 installation files. Click Next
Click select all and click Next
Specify your JDK installed directory. Click Next
Choose your downloaded WSDL4j-1.6.2.jar file. Click Next
Click Install to begin the installation
Another screen appears behind the installation screen, select the screen in front. Click Next
Choose Crete a new P6 EPPM database and check Install Sample Projects. Click Next
Choose Oracle and enter the database connection information and click Next
Input passwords for Database Users and Application User
Note: The user admin is super user account to log in to P6 application, keep this password.
Enter a configuration name and click Next
Check Configure WebLogic and click Create a new WebLogic domain. Click Next
Enter password for WebLogic user and click Next
Click Ok for the pop-up
Click Yes for the pop up
Click ‘Allow Access‘ if it prompts
Once all successfully completed, Click Next
This wizard displays all the P6 application module URL’s. Click Finish to complete the installation.
Here is the Weblogic Console
P6 Login Screen
P6 Team Member login screen
P6 Pro Cloud Connect
P6 Web Services
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- JSF Login Logout Form Authentication Example - October 16, 2017
- How to Bookmark URL in JSF using GET method and ViewParam – example - October 14, 2017
- JSF Dynamic Navigation and how to use wildcard in navigation - October 12, 2017