P6 Alert: The number of projects in this view has exceeded the administrator’s limit of 2000.You can use project filters to manage which projects to display.
A user sees the below pop-up message in P6 Web if the EPS or Project view contains more than 2000 projects in it. This is due to the limit set in P6 admin config
The 2000 project size is default optimal size comes with P6. We can increase or decrease the number you want. To do this, Login into P6 admin config as super user. The user ‘admin’ comes with P6 has super admin access.
- Go to P6 admin config, Bu default the URL would be URL: http://<HOSTNAME:PORT>/p6/action/adminconfig
2. Expand the P6 Configuration used by P6 web in admin config, Expand Application and increase the limit in ‘Maximum Projects Per EPS View‘ and click on the Save Changes button (Triple click allows you to enter a value)
3. Restart the P6 web and retest the issue
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- P6 Progress Reporter completely integrated into P6 Team Member - August 15, 2017
- Primavera P6 Professional for EPPM Popup 16.2 : The appropriate industry for your organization has not yet been select in admin preferences - August 15, 2017
- Primavera P6 Background Job Error:Creating job Symon Failed to add Database Job, Check the settings table for valid interval values for dbms_scheduler - August 14, 2017