How to do Primavera Professional Database Upgrade
The Primavera professional comes with Database upgrade utility. The upgrade utility does not install with the standard installation procedure; we need to enable the utility manually during the Primavera Professional installation. Let’s assume you have installed the Primavera Professional already and you need to have that utility to further upgrade or create a new Professional schema. In that case, follow the instruction for how to include the Primavera Professional Database upgrade utility in the existing installation. If you are going to install newly, then refer the step 2 and skip the remaining steps.
1. Unzip your P6 Professional setup and double click on the setup.exe
2. Expand Primavera P6 Professional >> P6 Professional Common Components >> Tools for P6 professional Online >> P6 Professional Standalone upgrade Utility
3. Click Modify
4. Uncheck the checkbook Run Standalone Upgrade Utility and click Ok
5. Once the setup was done. Go to the Primavera Installation folder\ Database\scripts\install\PPM_<VERSION>; Execute the script manual_script_before_upgrade.sql as SYSBA.
Note: This step is only for Oracle database
6. Go back to the Professional installation folder \\ Database and edit the dbsetup.bat file. Set the JAVA_HOME variable point to your java directory. Make sure the java version is tested version of Primavera P6
7. Choose Upgrade an existing database and select the server type
8. Input your SYSTEM database information and click Next (Oracle Database)
9. Input your Primavera ADMUSER schema details
10. Once upgrade is done click Finish
That’s it. We have completed the Primavera Professional database upgrade. Please leave your comment below for any questions 🙂
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- Is it possible to logout Primavera P6 through SQL Query? - February 16, 2018
- How to Create Primavera P6 EPPM Database schemas in Microsoft SQL Server - February 15, 2018
- Configure Windows Firewall for Microsoft SQL Server 2017 – Part 4 - February 14, 2018