How to dissolve activity in Primavera P6
Primavera P6 has a built-in operation called Dissolve Activity that allows us to delete an activity without deleting its Relationships;.
The following example shows how Dissolve Activity works in Primavera P6.
- I have a project with three activities. The A1 successor is A2 & the A2 successor is A3. The relationship type between these activities is Finish-to-Start. Look at the Gantt Chart
- I dissolved the Activity A2 by Right click on it and select Dissolve; The Activity A2 will get deleted.
- I Scheduled the project; A1 is now linked to A3 automatically. Look at the Gantt Chart again
Tha above example shows a simple approach of dissolving an activity. In actual P6 project implementation, An activity is linked to many activities, that is an activity may have many predecessors and successors; When an activity get dissolved, P6 creates a new relationship by the first part of the predecessor relationship and second part of successor relationship. For Example:
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- How to add a catch block on Oracle BPEL - July 8, 2018
- How to Pass array of strings to a Field in Oracle BPEL - July 7, 2018
- Oracle BPEL For Each Activity Example - July 7, 2018