How to access multiple Primavera P6 EPPM database from One P6 web application
One of the question recently asked here is How to access Multiple Primavera Database from One Primavera Web Application. For example, I have three Primavera environments DEV, QA and PROD environments, and I want to access all these three P6 environments from one P6 Web application.
I have not installed this type of setup before, but it is possible to access multiple Primavera P6 EPPM instances from one P6 application. One of the benefit of accessing multiple P6 database instances from one P6 Web application is we don’t need to deploy the p6 on multiple WebLogic servers, so we have one URL to access all these P6 environments.
In my local machine, I have Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database Server installed. I have Primavera P6 schemas created on both database software’s.
1. First we need to create duplicate database instances in the P6 configuration used by P6 Web. To do this:
Open P6 admin config >>Expand the P6 configuration used by P6 Web >> Expand the database > Right click on an existing database instance >> Click duplicate
2. Configure your Database settings under Driver Class & URL in the duplicate instance as shown below. Here I configured MS SQL Server Instance
3. I expanded both of my DB instances here, First DB Instance is configured for Oracle Database and the Second one is configured for MS SQL Server instance
For Oracle Database:
Java Class = oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
URL = jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl
For MS SQL SERVER:-
Java Class = jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl
URL = jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;database=PMDB;
4. Restart the Primavera P6 Web after the changes made to the P6 admin config. You will notice the configured DB Instances present under the Advanced tab as shown below. Now, we have option to select the desired P6 database instance we want to login and access.
So instead of having multiple P6 URL to access multiple P6 DB instances, we can access all from one P6 web application. In my next post, I will share how to access this multiple P6 DB instances in Primavera P6 API
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- How to schedule a Oracle BPEL process using Oracle Enterprise Schedule Service - August 5, 2018
- How to install Oracle Enterprise Scheduler12C - August 5, 2018
- How to reset ADF input File component - August 5, 2018