How to configure Primavera P6 Eventing
Primavera P6 Eventing is similar to trigger in Oracle database. P6 separated eventing into two different categories., i.e. Business Event and Special Operations Event. An event occurs whenever a P6 object is getting created or updated.
If you are looking for setting up Primavera P6 Eventing then click on the below link
To Open P6 Eventing Configuration:
1. Go to your P6 admin config URL.( HTTP://<HOSTNAME:PORT>/p6/action/adminconfig)
2. Log in with your P6 super admin account. i.e., admin
3. Expand your configuration >> Database >> Eventing >> Right click on Configuration and click Configure as shown below
Business Object Event
Assume the checkbox Create is enabled for item Project as shown above. Now an event will get generated whenever a project is getting created either in p6 web or P6 API or P6 Web Services. The event message has been stored in WebLogic JMS queue if configured and the message format is XML. After We write a listener class to consume the XML message and process the data. We can configure eventing on almost all the business objects. Below is some usefulness of P6 eventing
Usage1: You may want to create a project In ERP system whenever a project is getting created in p6
Usage2: You want to add template to the created project automatically
Usage3: You want to synchronize the Project data into 3rd party system etc.
Special Operation Event
Special operation Events are actions that occur to P6. Assume the Publish Security is enabled, as shown above, An event will get generated whenever a user is publishing security from P6, and the event message will enter into WebLogic JMS queue if configure. Below are some events of special operations.
- Schedule a project
- Summarize a project
- Publish a project
- XML Import
- Apply Actuals
- Store Period Performance
The XSD file for the P6 eventing message is located in your <P6_HOME>\api\schema.
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- JSF Login Logout Form Authentication Example - October 16, 2017
- How to Bookmark URL in JSF using GET method and ViewParam – example - October 14, 2017
- JSF Dynamic Navigation and how to use wildcard in navigation - October 12, 2017