What-If analysis in P6 (P6 Reflection)
Primavera professional offers the What-If feature. Using this feature, the user could create a What If project, make multiple scenarios and merge back the scenarios partially or fully into the original project. The What-If is termed as a reflection in P6 Professional.
Click on the below link for step by step instruction with complete screenshot about what-if analysis in P6
- This feature is only available in P6 Professional
- Only the Project super user can merge What-If project into source project
The process involves three steps
- Create What-If project from source project
- Create scenarios, ex: Add activity, resource, schedule etc
- Merge What-If into source project
1. Create What If Project
Login into P6 Professional as project super user
- The project window appears on the screen, if not click the project icon as shown in the arrow mark below. Now Right-click the project and select Create Reflection
Behind the scene: A job gets created for creating a what- if project and a link established between the what-if project and the source project
- Click Ok to the popup
- Go to the Tools >> click job status. Make sure the latest ‘copy project’ status is completed >> Close the window
- Refresh P6 Professional by clicking F5
- A project gets created in professional with the same project name suffixed with ‘-1‘ and the project status is ‘What If’
- Now create scenarios by adding activity, resources etc
- After you made scenarios. Right-click the What-If Project >> Select Merge Reflection into Source Project. That’s it.
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂