463 total views, 0 views today
About Primavera P6 EPPM Logs
As we know, Primavera P6 EPPM can be integrated with many applications like OBIEE, BPM, SharePoint etc. Also, many P6 Out of Box functionalities is run as services which run in the background. For Example, Copy and Paste a Project, Import and Export a Project, Publish Project, Summarize Project etc. Anything will break at any time, The Copy Paste project is failed; Fixing an issue without log file is a time-consuming job.
In this post, I have explained how to enable Log file in Primavera P6. Also, I have explained types of Primavera P6 Logs are supported.
Version used: Primavera P6 17.12
Below are the Primavera P6 Log Types
Debug => Log all messages including errors, Warnings, Information’s
Warn => Logs all Errors and Warning
Error => Errors
Info => Information
Let’s begin to enable P6 Log configuration
1. Log into Primavera P6 Web as Admin Super User & Go to AdminConfig URL which is like below
2. Select the configuration used by Primavera P6 Web >> Select Logs >> Enable the logs you want and select the Severity Type
Note: Oracle provides complete HTML view of P6 from 17.6 onwards. If your version is 16.2 or below then go to Step 3
Log => Write logs in Weblogic console
File => Write Logs in a File located in P6EPPM_Home\P6\WebAccessHome (As per the BreBootstrap.xml)
Email => Send Only errors in email
If you are using Primavera P6 16.2 or below then follow the below navigation
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- How to create a WLSDM Generic DevOps MBean - January 16, 2018
- WebLogic JMX API Example: Monitor WebLogic Heap Space and Memory parameters usingJVMRuntime Mbean - December 23, 2017
- WebLogic JMX API Example:How to monitor WebLogic JDBC Data Source using Java JMX JDBCDataSourceRuntimeMBeans - December 23, 2017