How to create Oracle SQL Developer connection
This section we walk through on creating Oracle SQL Developer connection:
1. Open SQL Developer as shown below. Click here for installing Oracle SQL developer in Windows.
2. Oracle SQL Developer is for querying against Oracle database. We need an Oracle database connection details to connect to a database. Please click here for installing Oracle XE database in a local machine. Below are the details of the XE database installed in the local machine.
|Connection Name: Local (Any Name)
Password: password (The password you entered for sys while installing Oracle database)
The username ‘sys’ has sys dba privilege( like Administrator account in Windows machine ) If the username is other than SYS account or it does not have SYSDBA role then change this Role it to default in the combo box.Click Save to save the connection and click cancel to close this wizard. Below are the other roles present in the Role combo box
SYSBACKUP – Administrative Privilege for Backup and Recovery Operations
SYSDG – Administrative operation for Data Gaurd related operation
SYSKM – Administrative operations for ‘Transparent Data Encryption’ and ‘Data vault’.
SYSASM – Administrative operations for ASM instance
3. The connection just we saved appears on the connection Window.
4. Edit connection property: To change the connection property details, Right click the connection name (local) and click ‘properties’
5. To add ‘Proxy details’ for the connection:
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂