How to set up a Data Source in BI Publisher
Before start developing a report, the data source must be setup in BI Publisher. The data source is simply a database connection the report is looking for data to generate reports. For example, a user wants to generate a report that displays the list of countries. Here the list of countries may come from a database table.
In this section, we detailed how to set up a data source in BI Publisher 12C.
Version User: Bi Publisher 12.2.1
Setup Data Source in BI Publisher
1. Login into XMLPSERVER as WebLogic admin. The default user is http://HOST:PORT/xmlpserver
2. Click on the link Administrator on the top right corner
3. Click JDBC Connection under Data Sources
4. Click the button Add Data Sources. You can create multiple data sources
5. Enter your database connection details that you are going to generate a report. Also, input pre/post process function if any. That’s it.We are done.
Pre Process Function: Enter a PL/SQL function that you want to execute when a database connection is created. The function must return a Boolean
Post Process Function: Enter a PL/SQL function that you want to execute when a database connection is closed. The function must return a Boolean
Note: I have entered the HR schema here which is a demo schema bundled with Oracle database. By default this is locked, to unlock it, log in to your database as system user and issue the query
ALTER USER hr ACCOUNT UNLOCK IDENTIFIED BY hr;
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- Is it possible to logout Primavera P6 through SQL Query? - February 16, 2018
- How to Create Primavera P6 EPPM Database schemas in Microsoft SQL Server - February 15, 2018
- Configure Windows Firewall for Microsoft SQL Server 2017 – Part 4 - February 14, 2018