How to enable Debug in BI Publisher
When we develop reports or data models, many times it throws errors and they are not much helpful to find the cause of the error. Enable Debug in BI Publisher helps the developer to find and troubleshoot the cause of Data Model & Report errors. We are going to set Trace:32 as BI Log level which is the finest level of debug mode. Also, don’t enable debug in a Production environment.
Very detailed traces or debug information that can help Oracle Support diagnose problems with a particular subsystem.
Enable Debug in BI Publisher
1. Login into WebLogic Enterprise Manager with your WebLogic username & password. The URL would be http://HOST:PORT/em
2. Expand the Application Deployment, Expand bipublisher, and select bipublisher
On 11G: Right click on the bipublisher, Logs, and Log Configuration; Skip Step 3
3. Select Application Deployments >> Logs >> Log Configuration
4. Search for Oracle.xdo and apply Oracle Diagnostic Logging Level to Trace:32(FINEST). That’s it. We
enabled finest debugging level for BI Publisher. We need to restart the BI Publisher (Admin & Managed Server) for the changes takes effect. After that debug logs will be written to the server logs
Where to see the Log Files and Error Messages of BI Publisher
5. On the same window, Click Application Deployments and select view Log Messages
6. This page displays all the error messages. Click on the Target Log Files to see the log file
7. Select the log file and click on View Log File to view on the window and Download to download it
Also, Enable Debugging in Data Model
8. Login into XMLPServer, Administrator, Properties under Runtime Configuration and set Enable Data Model Diagnostic to True
Restart the WebLogic Admin & Managed servers. The Data Model & Report debug logs will be written on the server logs.
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- How to schedule a Oracle BPEL process using Oracle Enterprise Schedule Service - August 5, 2018
- How to install Oracle Enterprise Scheduler12C - August 5, 2018
- How to reset ADF input File component - August 5, 2018