Step by Step details of Oracle BI Publisher FTP Setup
A deliver method must be configured in BI Publisher for schedule a report. FTP is one of the best delivery optional available in BI Publisher because the report is saved in a network location like a shared folder and can be accessible by anyone in the organization. Although BI Publisher EMAIL delivery is another best option and widely used but the delivery of report in email is limited to 14MB. We cannot increase the limit.
An FTP Server must be available before proceeding this instruction. Click on FTP Server configuration on Windows to see how to set up an FTP Server on Windows if you don’t have one.
Setup FTP as Delivery method in BI Publisher
1. Login into BI Publisher. The default URL would be http://HOST:PORT/xmlpserver
2. Click on the Administrator in the top right corner
3. Click FTP under Delivery
4. Click Add Server under FTP tab
5. Input your FTP Server Details, Select Test Connection and make sure the connection is successful. Finally Click Apply. That’s it
6. You would see an FTP Server under FTP Tab like below
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- P6 Progress Reporter completely integrated into P6 Team Member - August 15, 2017
- Primavera P6 Professional for EPPM Popup 16.2 : The appropriate industry for your organization has not yet been select in admin preferences - August 15, 2017
- Primavera P6 Background Job Error:Creating job Symon Failed to add Database Job, Check the settings table for valid interval values for dbms_scheduler - August 14, 2017