How to debug Application in WebLogic domain using JDeveloper 12C
Oracle JDeveloper provides a way to debug application in WebLogic server. This could be a Weblogic domain created outside of JDeveloper. In this section, I have explained step by step approach to configure debug in WebLogic server and Debug the application. The Integrated WebLogic server does not requires these steps because the DEBUG is pre-configured.
Version used: 12C
Configure Remote debugging in WebLogic domain
- Go to your WebLogic domain\bin directory, Edit the startWebLogic.cmd file & Add the following parameters at the end of the JAVA_OPTIONS
Note: For Clustered environment, set these parameter in SERVER_START on each Managed servers
Right click on your Project in JDeveloper & Select Project Properties >> Select Run/Debug >> Select Remote under Debugger >> Input the hostname where your WebLogic is running and the debug port number (The port number in ADDRESS parameter in the above step)
- Select the Launch Setting >> Toggle on the Remote Debugging
- Deploy the application in the WebLogic server. For example: Create a war/ear file and deploy it to the server
Right click on the JSF page and select Debug
- Verify the parameters, that s your Weblogic hostname and debug port number & Click Ok on the Attach to JPDA Debugee dialog box
- Set Breakpoints in your code, navigate your application in browser. You will get the breakpoint highlighted in blue color when the page reaches the code.
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- Is it possible to logout Primavera P6 through SQL Query? - February 16, 2018
- How to Create Primavera P6 EPPM Database schemas in Microsoft SQL Server - February 15, 2018
- Configure Windows Firewall for Microsoft SQL Server 2017 – Part 4 - February 14, 2018