177 total views, 6 views today
Create WebLogic domain
The following tutorial explains how to create weblogic domain in Windows machne
Pre-Requisite: Weblogic is installed in the system, ( Click Weblogic 12C installation for installation instruction of WebLogic on Windows)
1. Go to the weblogic home > wlserver >> common >> bin . Double click on the config.cmd file.
2. Weblogic config wizard opens on the screen. Set your domain as shown below and click Next
3. Choose ‘basic WebLogic domain’ as shown below and click Next
4. Enter your password for WebLogic and click Next
3. Choose the environment (Dev/Prod), Choose JDK location if you have Java installed otherwise accept the first one and Click Next
4. Check ‘Administartion Server’ and click Next. The remaining two check boxes are for the cluster type installation so it remains unchecked.
5. Accept the first two as it is
change the ‘Listen Port’ if you want another port number.
Enable SSL if you want to access the WebLogic URL through HTTPS and provide the port for SSL.
5. Click Create to create WebLogic domain
6. Click Next
7. Click Finish to close the wizard
Start WebLogic admin
1. Go to the WebLogic domain directory just we created, it reside under ORACLE_HOME/user_projects/domains//bin.
ORACLE_HOME is where the wlserver folder is present
DOMAIN_NAME is the name we provided in the first step.
2. Double click the startWeblogic.cmd, it execute in a command prompt and ends in ‘RUNNING’ state as shown below
Note: If it prompts for username and password, the username is ‘WebLogic’ & password is what we input in step 4.
3. Open browser and type http://localhost:7001/console
Here the port name is what we mentioned in Step 5. The username is WebLogic and password is what we input in step 4.
4. The home page of WebLogic 12C
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂