How to enable LibOVD?
Recently I added an external LDAP provider in my Weblogic Security Realm. The users and groups in the LDAP are visible inside WebLogic console but not in the enterprise manager or in the BPM workspace.
My goal is BPM workspace should authenticate the users in external LDAP, so I went to WL enterprise manager and searched an LDAP user to add into the BPM
Application Roles, but the search result shows empty
Issue with Multiple Providers in Security Realm
By default, the Oracle BPM or the Weblogic Enterprise manager look into the provider Default Authenticator in security Realm to retrieve users & groups. It won’t look for other providers unless we specify.
LibOVD is an Oracle virtualization library that syncs the LDAP between Fusion Middleware and all providers in the WebLogic security realm. We must enable LibOVD to retrieve users and groups from external LDAP in FMW. Follow the steps to enable libovd:
- Login into WebLogic EM, The default URL is http://localhost:7001/em
- Expand WebLogic Domain >> Right click on your DOMAIN, Security, Security Provider Configuration
- Click on the button Configure under Identity Store Provider
- Add the below two properties
5. Restart Admin & Managed servers & Search the user again
That’s it. The LibOVD is enabled.The above properties are added into the jps-config.xml file
Test the LibOVD is enabled
- Go to the <MW_HOME>\user_projects\domains\<DOMAIN>\config\fmwconfig\ovd\default directory
- Edit the file adapters.os_xml
- Check the id attribute in <ldap> element. For example, If you have external LDAP provider and Default Authenticator in you WebLogic security realm then you would see two <LDAP> element with the corresponding name
<ldap id="DefaultAuthenticator" version="0">
<ldap id="<Your LDAP Provider Name>" version="0">
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- JSF Login Logout Form Authentication Example - October 16, 2017
- How to Bookmark URL in JSF using GET method and ViewParam – example - October 14, 2017
- JSF Dynamic Navigation and how to use wildcard in navigation - October 12, 2017