WordPress, setting has an option called ‘Permalink‘. What it can do is
- It replaces all the ugly URL’s into nicer one
- User can format their URL structure
If you are customizing your URL, make sure the URL ends with either %postname% or %post_id% so that each permalink points to an individual post.
|The permalink option may not available for you if your site is deployed in wordpress.com.
This option available if your site is deployed it in external hosting provider like BlueHost or google cloud.
To set a Custom URL rule for your site, go to your WordPress wp-admin page, then settings and click permalink.
Below is the permalink settings page
The following tags are supported
The year of the post, four digits, for example 2004
Month of the year, for example 05
Day of the month, for example 28
Hour of the day, for example 15
Minute of the hour, for example 43
Second of the minute, for example 33
The unique ID # of the post, for example 423
A sanitized version of the title of the post (post slug field on Edit Post/Page panel). So “This Is A Great Post!” becomes this-is-a-great-post in the URI.
A sanitized version of the category name (category slug field on New/Edit Category panel). Nested sub-categories appear as nested directories in the URI.
A sanitized version of the author name.
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- P6 Progress Reporter completely integrated into P6 Team Member - August 15, 2017
- Primavera P6 Professional for EPPM Popup 16.2 : The appropriate industry for your organization has not yet been select in admin preferences - August 15, 2017
- Primavera P6 Background Job Error:Creating job Symon Failed to add Database Job, Check the settings table for valid interval values for dbms_scheduler - August 14, 2017