What is ADF Library Jar File?
An ADF Library Jar is like another jar file, but it contains ADF related components and project dependent libraries. When we create an ADF Library Jar file, the following ADF component(‘s) will be added to the jar file.
1. Application Module
2. Entity/View objects, links, and others
3. Task Flows (Bounded task flow & Unbounded task flow)
4. Templates (Page Templates and Task flow templates)
5. Tag libraries
6. Data Controls
7. DB Connections
The purpose of the ADF Library Jar file is for reuse. Below are some examples
1. Create an ADF project with Page or task flow template and make ADF library jar file from it. Add the jar file to other projects and reuse the templates
2. Reuse the application module methods, Entity and view objects
3. Reuse the data controls
4. Reuse the Resources and DB connections
Always use enterprise-level naming rules while creating components for ADF projects that you are going to create ADF library jar file. Suppose if you give JDeveloper default names like app module as AppModuleImpl, project name as Model/ViewController or task flow as task-flow-definition.xml, the names will conflict with the project you are going to add it to a library. Ensure to provide the unique name to the ADF components that you are going to create a library.
1. Application name
2. Project Name (Model & ViewController)
3. Task Flow name (task-flow-definition.xml)
4. Package Name
5. Connection Name
6. Page Template Name
7. Component name
8. ADF Library Jar name
ADF Library Jar File Location
Use one common folder location (ex: c:\ADFLibs) to save the library jar files so that the folder can be added as a file connection in Resource Palette. From Resource palette, the ADF Library Jar file can be added or remove from the project.
In the next post, I have explained about how to create an ADF Library Jar file and add it to the project.
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind
- Is it possible to logout Primavera P6 through SQL Query? - February 16, 2018
- How to Create Primavera P6 EPPM Database schemas in Microsoft SQL Server - February 15, 2018
- Configure Windows Firewall for Microsoft SQL Server 2017 – Part 4 - February 14, 2018