How to change default ADF component text
This section, we walk through how to change a default text comes with ADF component. For example, the ADF List View component comes with a Load More Items at the bottom as shown below. We are going to rename this text to Show More. You can apply the same solution for other ADF UI component as well.
Rename Load More Items in List View
1. I have an ADF List View project with Load More Items created in ADF List View which render the UI like above.
2. ADF Skin should be created in your project to change the UI component text. To enable ADF SKIN:
Open the ADF Application, Right click on the View Controller Project, New, Gallery, Search for ADF Skin and Select ADF Skin
3. Input a Skin Name, Click Next, and Finish
3. This will create skinBundle.properties as shown below. Open the file, place the name-value pair of Resource String of the UI component. I changed the value of Load More Items to Show More
Note: The resource Strings are available in the Oracle doc.
4. That’s it. Run the Project will look like below
Download the project: ADF List View Load More
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂
Latest posts by Govind (see all)
- Primavera Error: The database is not setup to use the authentication mode selected: WebSSO:LDAP - June 22, 2017
- Primavera P6 professional Login alert box:The database has not been configured to run background jobs. To correct this error contact your system administrator - June 22, 2017
- How to integrate Oracle BI Publisher and LDAP in WebLogic server - June 21, 2017