Create ADF Project Gantt Chart with Subtask and dependency from ADF Table
In this section, we walk through how to create an ADF Project Gantt Chart from database tables. Here we are going to create a Gantt Chart with Subtask and Dependency. The final output will be like below
If you are looking into creating ADF Gantt Chart programmatically then follow the below link
The following tables are required to create the ADF Project Gantt Chart. You can download the SQL file & the project at the bottom of the page.
The supported Type field values are Summary, Normal & Milestone. The values are case sensitive.
- Check the Java class ProjectTask for additional fields
- TaskID is the foreign key of the Task table
TaskId is the foreign key of the Task table
- The Type field supported values are fs, sf, ss, ff. The values are case-sensitive
ADF Gantt Chart Example with SubTask & Dependency
1. Create an ADF Fusion Web Application
2. Create EO & VO objects for Task, Subtask & Dependency table
3. Create a JSF page under Web Content
4. Expand Data Controls, Drop the Task View inside the Form tag in the JSF page as shown below
5. The following dialogue open. Select the Task tab, Configure the dropdowns as highlighted below
5. Select the tab SubTask, Configure the columns as highlighted below
6. Select the Dependent Tasks, Configure the drop downs as highlighted below
7. The <dvt:ProjectGantt element configured on the JSF page. Input a Summary & Project Start/End time in the highlighted area. ADF Project Gantt chart display the bar between the dates
8. Run the application will display the following output
9. Expand a Task to see the SubTask
Download the Project: ADF_GANTT_CHART_EXAMPLE
SQL File: ADF_GANTT_CHART_EXAMPLE_SQL
The views expressed on this blog are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Please feeling free to reach me on any comments and feedbacks you have. Would be more than glad to listen and reply 🙂